Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

OO9. Rant

WARNING: I don't mean to offend anyone, I just

So, I go onto goodreads today. I have a bunch of recommendations, a bunch of event invitations, etc. etc. Of course, I love this! Until I see, that yet again, every recommendation, every event, everything on my newsfeed, everything in all of the young adult groups was some form of paranormal lit.

Okay, so I have nothing wrong with people loving paranormal lit or whatever, but I do have an issue with it becoming the entire topic of a group dedicated to ALL forms young adult literature. Or, the lists that are titled 'Best Young Adult' or something like that and then literally everything is paranormal or fantasy or whatever. Surely not every 'best' ya book is paranormal or fantasy. I don't know why this even bothers me so much, but it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment