Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

OO1. My First Post! And an overview of my current reads

Hey everyone!
    So I'm very excited to start a blog. It's something I've always wanted to do, and I'm definitely excited that I finally found the time to get around to it.
Right now, I'm reading (or listening to) four different books: The Model Summer, Sybil, A People's History of the United States and Change of Heart.
    I'm reading Sybil for a psych project for school. We had to pick a book with someone with a mental disorder, so I decided to read this one! It's a true story about a woman with multiple personality disorder, who has sixteen different 'selves'. It was kind of slow to start, but it's definitely really interesting. I'm currently on page 102, and I would get some more reading of it done tonight, except I kinda left it in my locker today--woops!
    I have this thing where I always listen to a book as I'm falling asleep, and that book is currently Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. I'll often fall asleep to her audiobooks. There's something I love about them. It's pretty good, seems kind of different from her usual stuff though. I'm not very far along, so I'm sure it will pick up like her's always do. I have yet to be dissapointed by one of her books.
    I'm also reading the Model Summer, which was written by a former model. It's about this young Swedish girl who goes to Paris for the summer to try to start a modeling career. Another book that I'm not very far into, but so far I really am enjoying it! I love how the main character is so awkward and definitely isn't your typical model character.
    I've been reading Zinn's A People's History for a while now. My AP Euro teacher last year recommended it to me, and I've liked everything else she recommended, so I decided to give this one a try. It's basically like a history textbook, but instead of telling US History from the typical points of view, it tells it from the points of view that aren't mentioned ever and are usually the opposite of those told in the textbooks. I think it's really interesting to see how points of views differ, but then again, I also love history. So far, I just finished the Civil War, and I'm about to start Reconstruction I think.
    Other than that, not too much is going on in my little life. Hopefully you'll follow me, and I promise I'll get more interesting!

Jules

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the group on Goodreads called Book Blog Networking. Nice to see it as it begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Jules! Can't wait to check out your review of A Model Summer...I just added it to my TBR list on Goodreads. Great background and header too! Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete